Workers’ Compensation and Disability Insurance
GTM Payroll Services offers New York State workers’ compensation insurance, paid family leave, and disability insurance for our clients’ convenience. Our affiliate company, GTM Insurance Agency*, is a licensed broker in property and casualty insurance and brokers workers’ compensation insurance through multiple insurance carriers.
- Workers’ compensation insurance is mandatory for most New York State employers of one or more employees.
- As a broker, GTM Payroll Services works on your behalf to shop quotes from various carriers to provide you with the most competitive and pre-qualified options.
- Workers’ compensation rates are set by individual states, however from time to time the rate can be less expensive based on discounts and payment history.
- Based on the client’s need for safety counseling or claim processing, the service relationship can be further developed.
Workers’ compensation will cover necessary medical bills and a portion of your employee’s wages should they become injured or ill on the job, as a result of a work-related incident. By hiring GTM Payroll Services as your workers’ compensation broker, we will deliver coverage that offers numerous benefits, often not available with other brokers, which include:
- A Pay-As-You-Go (PAYGO) feature where your premiums will be processed and paid in real time, based on your actual payroll and payroll period. PAYGO will also simplify your cash flow and you’ll avoid premium surprises.
- Workers’ compensation audit services to save our clients time when an auditor or other agent performs annual payroll reviews
- The ability to receive quotes from various carriers
- Personal service and a knowledgeable from a New York State-licensed team.
- Our workers’ compensation report to save you time at your auditor’s annual review of payroll with all employees classified in the correct department with their audit period earnings
Most importantly, GTM Payroll Services will make every effort to ensure you, as an insurance client, are in compliance with state law.
Paid Family Leave
Most private employers in New York State with one or more employees are required to obtain Paid Family Leave (PFL) insurance. PFL coverage will typically be added as a rider on your existing disability insurance policy.
PFL provides eligible employees job-protected, paid time off to bond with a newly born, adopted or fostered child; care for a family member with a serious health condition; or assist loved ones when a spouse, domestic partner, child or parent is deployed abroad on active military service.
Employees pay for these benefits through a small payroll deduction, which is a percentage of their wages up to a cap set annually. Employers may choose to cover the cost themselves.
GTM Payroll Services can add PFL to your disability insurance policy and manage your employees’ payroll deductions.
Disability is a special section of the New York State workers’ compensation law, protecting workers from non-occupational injury or sickness by providing some compensation for lost wages. All employers in New York State who employ one or more employees on each of 30 days in a calendar year becomes a covered employer and must provide this coverage effective at the end of four consecutive weeks following the 30th day of employment until four weeks after termination. This is a benefit that protects workers 24 hours a day, seven days a week, for non-work related accident or illness, including pregnancy.
Contact us about our Enhanced Disability plans.
You can also email us or call (518) 373-4111.
*GTM Insurance Agency is a licensed broker in AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, GA, IL, KS, LA, MA, MD, ME, MI, MN, MS, NC, NH, NJ, NY, PA, SC, TX, UT, VA, VT, WI, WV.