Onboarding New Employees
Why the Onboarding Process is Important
From the moment a candidate accepts your offer and joins your organization to the point of their departure, their interactions and impressions matter. A Harvard Business School study found 1 in 3 new hires look for a new job during their first six months of coming onboard. For those who leave, the employee turnover costs range between 100 and 300 percent of the replaced employee’s salary.
Often the problem is overworked people managers. It’s difficult to spend the necessary time to make sure a new employee feels accepted and motivated enough to be productive during their first few months when the people manager is stretched themselves. Plus it can be stressful for the new employee; they have enough to figure out without a mountain of papers to distract them from learning their new role and the policies of the company.
A quality onboarding process:
- Improves job performance
- Helps retain employees
- Reduces stress
- Increases employee satisfaction
Here’s how GTM helps you improve your onboarding experience.
Eliminate New Hire Onboarding Paperwork
Hiring new candidates can be tedious and inefficient. New hire paperwork can become overwhelming, and keeping track of a stack of documents is not ideal. Through isolved®, this paperless onboarding module notifies the appropriate personnel in a timely manner and takes them through all of the necessary steps, tasks, and forms that are part of a proper company orientation. Our HCM onboarding system will streamline and allow any New Hire to enter information directly into the database, avoiding multiple data entry.
Everyone from new hires to managers to HR departments will appreciate the efficiency, accuracy, and flexibility provided by this new onboarding innovation. All documents within the Onboarding module are already within our HCM for instant access and review. You can even use the built-in onboarding wizard feature to customize templates and create layers of approval to complete the process.
Onboarding Features & Benefits:
Support these all-important human connections while boosting your ROI from increased efficiency and effectiveness. From start to finish, easily manage your onboarding and offboarding processes.
- Built-in I-9 Tool – Automate forms and processes for employees and managers to save time and effort.
- Electronic Signatures – Use as a binding agreement, if necessary (employee handbooks, NDAs, etc.).
- Workflow Automation – Implement, collect, track and store all forms and documents, including federal and state tax forms, to reduce effort and help eliminate costly errors.
- Streamline Processes – Automatically track assignments, distributions and returns of equipment, systems access and logins, legal and HR documentation, and task completion through isolved People Cloud to keep your business running faster.
- Wizards – Customize onboarding templates for different employee groups
- Permissions – Control and assign by role, location and employee
- Employee Categories – Determine which are required or optional
- Company Communications – Modify company messages or use default
Get rid of your paper processes and take control of your onboarding from start to finish.
The isolved People Cloud Onboard & Develop module is ready to help your reduce workload and keep your employees focused on the right things. It provides real-time analytics and status reports, configurable templates, and wizards to ensure consistency and compliance – all at your fingertips – for connecting with employees in more meaningful ways.
It streamlines the process and allows any new hire to enter information directly into isolved, avoiding duplicate data entry. The system also notifies the appropriate personnel and walks them through each step, task, and form that are part of your company orientation. The onboarding tools are customizable, so you can collect as little or as much information as you want.
How GTM’s Onboarding Process Works
Our logical, accurate registration process makes it easy for your HR and recruiting team.
- The new hire receives an e-mail authentication link to access the Wizard
- The new hire completes information and uploads supporting tax documentation (W-4, I-9, Direct Deposit)
- If required information has been omitted, the new hire will be prompted and unable to proceed until that step is completed
- The employee reviews and confirms all information before submission
- An assigned editor can enter additional information (e.g., salary, verification)
- Auto-generated e-mails are sent to HR and supervisors to keep them apprised of the new hire’s progress
Once onboarded, all the data moves along to time, payroll, and benefits enrollment. isolved streamlines the entire process, destroying paperwork and providing accuracy, efficiency and the tools you need to understand your workforce.
- Personal information
- Emergency contacts
- Direct deposit
- Voluntary benefits enrollment
Provide a great user experience to your new employees while seamlessly managing all documentation, including I-9 employment verification forms.
You’ll be surprised at the savings you’ll get with a fully integrated HCM solution. But don’t take our word for it – use this HCM ROI calculator to see how much you can save each year by using our HCM solution instead of doing it all on your own.
Request a free consultation and demo to learn more about how this technology can help your business grow.