What is an Applicant Tracking System (ATS)?
An applicant tracking system helps employers with their recruiting and hiring efforts. It can collect and sort resumes to help hiring managers organize and sort candidates, and filter out the ones that won’t be a good fit. It also lets employers track communications with applicants, helping them get to the right candidates faster. But how do you know if an ATS is right for your organization?
6 Signs You Need an Applicant Tracking System (ATS)
There are a number of signs that indicate the need for an ATS. These include:
1. You’re tracking and hiring with spreadsheets, email, and paper processes
Using outdated processes for recruiting and hiring can slow you down, make you appear disorganized to potential candidates, and delay the process of bringing in talented people. In the meantime, those star applicants may move on to other opportunities. Applicant tracking saves you time.
2. Your job listings look like a jumble of legal jargon and complicated duties
In today’s digital world, you don’t have a lot of time to grab someone’s attention and encourage them to apply for your open position. If the application process takes more than 15 minutes, the candidates are likely to bail before applying or midway through the application.
3. Scheduling an interview requires a lot of back-and-forth without an ATS
When the process of hiring takes months because you have to discuss scheduling with hiring managers, recruiters, and candidates, the other members of the team often take the brunt of the extra workload, which can cause stress and frustration. With a streamlined process through an ATS, it’s easier and more efficient to post jobs, receive applications, and get people hired. You can communicate directly with the job candidate through the applicant management platform.
4. It takes months to fill an open position without applicant tracking solution
With applicant tracking, everyone involved in recruitment can be added to the process, making it much easier to figure out schedules and get candidates in for interviews.
5. You can’t find a fantastic applicant who previously applied for a job
Maybe you had a star applicant who applied for a different job at your company, but he or she wasn’t the right fit for that position. Now you have the perfect role for that person, but you can’t find the application or contact information in your mess of emails. With an ATS, you can easily pull up data for previous applicants and find that person right away.
6. Without an ATS system there is no data or analytics to assess your hiring efforts without
With an applicant tracking system, you can get an inside look into how many people are viewing your job postings, where they are coming from and what boards they’re viewing the postings on, and whether they’re starting and/or finishing the application process.
It’s clear that a good ATS can transform your company’s recruiting process.
The Benefits of an Applicant Tracking System
- Applicant software reduces paper work saving HR and applicants time
- Job posting made easy with automated applicant management
- Manage and track job candidates in one centralized ATS
- Streamline onboarding of new hires
- ATS Software makes HR hiring compliance a breeze
GTM’s payroll and HR platform, isolved, features Attract & Hire, a robust applicant tracking system designed to simplify recruiting and hiring from start to finish, for everyone involved. Request a free quote to learn more.