Health Insurance for Nannies
Anyone can be caught off guard by an unexpected illness or injury. Employers and nannies alike benefit from household employee healthcare coverage. That’s because health insurance for nannies:
- Helps you attract and retain top employees.
- Protects nannies financially. Healthcare coverage limits out-of-pocket costs, protects assets, and safeguards future earnings.
- Covers more than just injury and illness. It’s not just the emergencies that insurance covers, it’s also the preventative healthcare needed to safeguard against future health problems, eliminating surprise illnesses and the resulting absenteeism.
- Can be surprisingly affordable. When employers make contributions toward premiums, your nanny can pay low monthly payments.
GTM partners with eHealth Insurance Services and United Health Oxford to offer health insurance for nannies, including:
- Health Insurance
- Short-term Health Insurance
- Student Health Insurance
- Health Savings Accounts
- Dental Insurance
- Dental Discount Cards
Let us help you find the best health insurance plan for your nanny.
Health Insurance & Benefits Options Comparison Chart
This chart will help you compare the various plans and select one that will best meet the needs of your nanny. These are contribution rates for 2022.
|Employer tax savings|
|Employee tax savings|
|Covers out-of-pocket expenses|
|Covers insurance premiums|
|Used to purchase health insurance|
|Contribution limits||$2,850||No limit||$3,650 single
|No limit||No limit|
|Pairings||N/A||Group plan||High-deductible plan||Individual plans||N/A||Group plan|
|Coverage restrictions||None||Must cover at least two employees||None||None||None||None|
Household Employee Benefits & Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Dental & Vision Benefits
- Virtual Medicine
- Small Employer HRAs (QSEHRA)
- Individual Coverage HRAs (ICHRA)
- Health Reimbursement Arrangements (HRA)
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Retirement Plan
- Workers' Compensation Insurance
- Travel Insurance
- Employee Dishonesty Insurance
- Additional Insurance Options
Talk to a Health Insurance Expert
Our experts are available to answer questions about health insurance for your nanny or other household employees and help you get started.