When the U.S. Department of Labor (DOL) issued guidance on the Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA) for employers, it stated:
- Employers intending to claim a tax credit for payment of sick leave or FMLA leave pursuant to the FFCRA must have specific documentation from employees supporting their eligibility for such benefits.
To help employees provide this documentation and for employers to comply with this requirement, GTM Payroll Services offers employee leave request forms.
- For GTM clients: An employee paid leave request form is part of your employee’s time card. Call client support at (800) 929-9213 for assistance.
- For non-GTM clients: Employee Paid Leave Request Form (static, downloadable PDF)
The forms document the reason for leave, dates the leave is needed, and pay rates.
The FFCRA, which went into effect on April 1, 2020, and applies to household employers provides
- two weeks of paid sick leave for certain coronavirus-related reasons and;
- leave of absence for employees who are unable to work because of the need to care for a child whose school or daycare is closed, or whose caregiver is unable to report to work, because of COVID-19
Employers can take advantage of tax credits to offset the costs of providing paid leave.
GTM can help
For your employee to take paid leave or receive unemployment benefits and, they need to be paid legally. GTM can help with back tax work to get you caught up and set up legal pay going forward. Call us at (800) 929-9213 for a complimentary, no-obligation consultation with a household employment expert to learn more or get started.
For GTM clients
An employee paid leave request form is part of your employee’s time card. Or call client support at (800) 929-9213 for assistance.
Download The Complete Guide to Household Payroll
Get our complimentary guide and learn everything you need to know about paying your employees legally and filing your taxes the right way.