2014 Minimum Wage Increases
Beginning January 1, 2014 (unless otherwise noted), several states and cities will be raising their minimum wage. Please see the list below to ensure you are compliant with the wage laws in your state. Click each state or city name to see articles or announcements about their respective wage increases.
Arizona minimum wage will rise to $7.90.
California minimum wage to rise to $9.00 (effective 7/1/14).
Colorado minimum wage proposed to rise to $8.00.
Connecticut minimum wage will rise to $8.70.
Florida minimum wage will rise to $7.93.
Missouri minimum wage will rise to $7.50.
Montana minimum wage will rise to $7.90.
New Jersey minimum wage will rise to $8.25.
New York minimum wage to rise to $8.00 (effective 12/31/13).
Ohio minimum wage will rise to $7.95.
Oregon minimum wage will rise to $9.10.
Rhode Island minimum wage will rise to $8.00.
Vermont minimum wage will rise to $8.73.
Washington minimum wage will rise to $9.32.
California: San Francisco minimum wage to rise to $10.74.
California: San Jose minimum wage to rise to $10.15.
New Mexico: Albuquerque minimum wage to rise to $8.60.
Washington: SeaTac minimum wage to rise to $15.00.
Please contact GTM’s Household Employment Experts for more information.
2 Responses to “2014 Minimum Wage Increases”
Recent Blog Posts
- Last July, Massachusetts became the fourth stat...
- Household employers should never assume that wo...
- Hiring senior care workers mirrors that of hiri...
- Hiring a household employee is not easy. There ...
- When it comes to the complicated process of obt...
- Massachusetts Domestic Workers Bill of Rights Begins April 1st - GTM on Contact Us
- Case Study: Workers' Compensation and Disability Insurance - GTM on Workers’ Compensation Requirements by State
- Senior Care Interview Questions - GTM Payroll Services on Hiring a Senior Caregiver: Using an Agency
- Hiring a Household Employee on Your Own: The Real Cost - GTM Payroll on Hiring a Nanny Through an Agency
- Case Study: Household Employer Federal ID and Filing - GTM Payroll on Workers’ Compensation for Nannies
- February 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- April 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- November 2012