GTM Welcomes Families of Mannies of L.A.
Spend More Time with Your Family – Leave Household Tax and Payroll to Us
GTM Payroll Services will pay your nanny with direct deposit or check, withhold and remit taxes, and take care of any other compliance requirements like workers’ compensation insurance. All backed by an unparalleled level of customer service and support from a team of household employment experts.
GTM Makes Nanny Tax and Payroll Easier
Let us simplify your life with a complete solution for all your nanny payroll needs.
Only GTM offers one call for all:
Comprehensive payroll services – Online and mobile access to your client portal with free direct deposit.
100% guaranteed on-time tax filings – Quarterly, annual, state and federal taxes filed on time, every time.
Compliance with tax, wage and labor laws – Exceptional support team helps you stay legal, avoid fines and penalties, and protect your family and nanny.
Workers’ compensation insurance – A policy may be required in your state but we have you covered from obtaining your policy to managing audits and invoices.
Employee benefits – Attract and retain your best nannies with employee benefits like health, dental, and vision insurance; concierge medicine; retirement plans; and more.
Human Resources Support – Get help with employment best practice guidance and labor law compliance from a PHR-certified HR advisor.
The Benefits for You of Paying Nanny Taxes
- Attract Higher Quality Employees
- Work with a Happier Employee
- Avoid State and Federal Fines and Penalties
- Reduce the Risk of an Audit
- Take Advantage of Tax Savings
- Enjoy Peace of Mind
The Benefits for Your Employee of Being Paid "On the Books"
- Verifiable Income
- Legal Employment History
- Unemployment Benefits
- Social Security and Medicare Benefits
- Workers’ Compensation Benefits
Understand State Household Employment Laws
Laws regarding employment of household workers vary from state to state.
Click below to see employment laws, rules and regulations including minimum wage, workers' compensation, and overtime pay for your state or region.
Minimum Wage in California
- $15.50/hour –California minimum wage requirement
- $16.78/hour in Los Angeles
- $18.07/hour in San Francisco
- Many other California cities have higher local minimum wages than the state minimum wage requirement. Check this list to see if your city has a different minimum wage rate.
- in California, household employers are required to have workers’ compensation insurance. Please contact GTM for a price quote.
- Hourly employees in California are entitled to a special overtime pay rate of at least 1.5 times their regular hourly wage for all overtime worked, if they work over 40 hours in a week or over 9 hours in a day.
Domestic Workers’ Bill of Rights: California has special laws that pertain to the employment of domestic workers. Read more about The California Domestic Worker Bill of Rights
Other Requirements in California:
See our guide to Household Employment Wage Laws by State to find out what’s required in all states and jurisdictions.